Saturday 9 February 2008

Explaining my absence

Apologies to anyone who came here lastnight expecting pearls of wit and wisdom, but...I WENT OUT!!! For the first time since Christmas 2006 or thereabouts, I got dressed up and had an evening away from here! Oh, don't get excited, it was only a family party, and I had to take this lot with me, but we had a great time and I got...wait for it...some adult conversation!! How cool is that? Once I had remembered how to actually speak to an adult there was no stopping me!


So this morning I am all refreshed and ready for another twelve months of cabin fever.


I will be back later today. Possibly with some wit and wisdom.

6 comments:

Casdok said...

Yay!! Good for you!
Ps whats adult conversation like?

Beth Cotell said...

Glad you had fun! Next time you should plan for an evening out without your children! :)

Mrs. Fox said...

That's great! I bet your daughters enjoyed seeing mum in a different light too.

Jennie said...

ohhh fantastic! I'm glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Good for you- you certainly deserved it! I bet you came home feeling like a new woman.

The need for 'Adult Conversation' is as much under-rated as the need for 'Just Us Adults' time. The trouble starts when the Teenage Children are on the brink of adulthood, and want to join in. (Conversation, that is.)

I hope you're already planning your next a.o. outing!

Amrita said...

Good for you.
I love your illustrations...the Woman and Home style.